Saturday, February 09, 2019

Love our life together - a layout

Hello everyone. This is Shweta from Paper Charms and today I have brought a mixed media layout for you all. Read the complete post for a short pictorial. Check this out.





It's Valentine's season and love is in the air. I got this opportunity to make something for the anniversary of a couple which falls within the Valentine's week and hence I had to make something that should be extra special to them. Hence decided to make a nice layout.

For this, I used an mdf base. Primed it with white gesso and then randomly spread a very thin layer of mixed media paste using a palette knife.



After heat drying it, colored the base in shades of black and pink. Used very diluted chalk paints.



Then spread some mixed media paste mixed with a few drops of black acrylic paint using a stencil. While it was still wet, sprinkled some glitter. Then heat set it.



Colored the textures using some diluted brown chalk paint. (Looks yellow since I use super diluted colors. Wasn't what I was aiming for,but went ahead with it anyway.)



Did random stamping.



Now the base is ready. Next comes my favorite part , the composition part. This is the most important part of any project and tricky too. I keep arranging and rearranging flowers, foliage, fillers,die cuts,chippies,picture of the couple and so on till I achieve the desired look. The flowers are handmade by me.

To complete the look, added art stones and a sentiment. Used some colors on the art stones  too. Splattered some white and black gesso. Lastly spread some texture paste using a script stencil.
Loved how it turned out.



I am entering this layout in the below challenges:
Prika January Challenge
CrafTangles February Challenge

Do comment and tell me how you liked the layout.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love to all. 💕☺️

Here are complete pictures of the layout.








3 comments:

  1. Thank you Shweta for sharing your project for our ongoing blog challenge Anything Goes- Shades of Love. just love everything about the project...perfect match to our challenge theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation👌🏻 Thanks for playing along Prika’s monthly challenge

    ReplyDelete