Saturday, February 16, 2019

Love your smile - an altered clipboard





Hello crafty friends.

This is Shweta here and you are at my blog Paper Charms and this time I have made something interesting. It's an altered project. An altered clipboard.



I love altering and upcycling old objects and giving them a new beautiful look. I've altered photo frames, boxes, paint brush, bottles before this too.

I had just finished working on an order and had nothing planned at that moment. I had a clipboard or a writing board with me lying around. The base was strong and sturdy. Thought why not make something beautiful out of it?

I immediately started working on it.

First covered the clipboard completely with Little Birdie's white gesso. Then used some Little Birdie mixed media paste and applied it on the base using an iCraft brick stencil.



It being Valentine's seaason, I was in the mood for pinks and pastels. Hence colored the textured part of the base using the iCraft Rose Debut pastel pink and Iris Impact pale purple chalk paints. Did some random stamping around the texture.



Then, I randomly tore some pattern papers and distressed them using brown Distress Ink. Arranged them such that they could accomodate a picture. Here comes my favourite part- the composition. This is a trial and error method and the most time consuming for me. I take a lot of time arranging and re-arranging my components , namely the chippies, some twines, fussy cut elements,die cuts,flowers and foliage. Some of the foliage comes from iCraft Mystical Garden element sheets. The two small black intricate leaf chippies and the small flourish chippies are from Papericious.



The flowers are all handmade by me using the Papericious Sigma Flowerite papers. I don't like using readymade flowers. I believe they have to be handmade. Only then will my project be called completely handmade. I make flowers that correspond to the color theme of my project. I've added some Clear Sugar Crystals from Dadarkar Arts on my flowers using Little Birdie soft acrylic gel medium matte.



For the finishing touches, splattered some black acrylic paint and above mentioned Iris Impact chalk paint. Added some Prima Deco Stones and Clear Sugar Crystals using the above mentioned soft gel medium.







Decided to add a picture of my son, whom I adore and love with all my heart to the layout, and some sentiments echoing my feelings. The two loves of my life are my son first, husband next. I dedicate this Valentine's special creation to my son.

If you liked my creation, do leave some love in the comments section below.

I am entering this creation in the below challenges:

1. Mixed Media Warriors Challenge # 37



MMW # 37 - February Creative Challenge "All You Need Is Love"

I've used the colors pastel pink,grey, flowers and a note to my love-my son from this moodboard



2. Mixed Media Academy February Challenge




3. Splashy Mix Challenge No 2



I've used the pinks,pale purples and a love note from this moodboard.




11 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful altered project, love the whole composition and colors.
    Cheers
    Chandhini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful transformation.
    Thank you for entering our challenge. All the best and hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely textures and pastel colours use according to ur challenge moodboard....Thanks for playing on Splashymixchallenge

    Hugs
    Rituparna DT SMC

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful upcycling shweta. your son is so cute. love the textures and colours. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again

    Shylaa
    Owner @ Splashy Mix challenge
    Adhiraacreations
    Splashy Mix Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours awesome altered project
    Thanku for joining us
    DT Sonika agarwal
    Mixed media academy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute !!! Love this ... beautiful colours and textures !!! God bless the little one ... glad you joined us at Mix Media Academy Challenge !!! Love DT Vidhi Jadeja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.

    ReplyDelete