Saturday, February 23, 2019

Always dream big - A layout





Hello all you beautiful crafters out there.

Shweta here. You are at my blog today and I have a beautiful layout for you guys today.
I was inspired for this layout by the NomadicSoulDiaries February Challenge and the More Than Words February Challenge.

The former required to create a layout minus any photos and using strings.
The latter required to use the word 'always' and a quote. The word 'always' reminded me of the quote that I've used in my layout- No matter how small you start, always dream big. And, 'dream' inspired to create a dream catcher- one that would drive away all the bad dreams and bring me luck. So I actually created one using natural jute cord.

Here's a short description of how I made this layout.

For this layout, I've used an MDF board as a canvas.

I first primed it with black gesso. Then used some paper texture paste to create patterns through a stencil.



I then used blue and copper mettalic paints and colored the canvas randomly.



Next, I used the jute cord to create a dream catcher on my canvas. Used some feather shaped metal charms.

Added some more color to the canvas using both the above mentioned colors.



My  base was now ready for me start with my favourite part- the composition of embellishments.

I used some chippies,die cuts,fussy cut elements,handmade flowers, fiber and assembled everything to my liking.






Added some art stones around my composition. Since I felt that the layout looked like it is missing something, I added some texture sand and art stones on the two corners of the layout and colored them for that finishing touch.

Also dry brushed the embellishments using white gesso and added some white gesso splatters. Stuck some star shaped sequins on the dream catcher. Added the quote.
And wow! The layout was ready. I really loved how it turned out.

       






Entering this layout in :

More Than Words February Challenge





Mixed Media Academy February Challenge



NomadicSoulDiaries February Challenge

Do let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this month with your gorgeous creation.
    Love the colors and the quote.
    Hope to see you next time. All the best with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mixed media project... Love it totally.
    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Mixed Media Academy.

    Love
    Dr Monika Shukla
    DT - Mixed Media Academy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Gorgeous creation! ♥ :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas.. Thank you for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so truly beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete