Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Mixed Media Canvas Layout - with faux mosaic techniques



Hey people!

Welcome to my blog and I'm here today to share with you a mixed media canvas layout with faux mosaic techniques for the background, with a step-by-step video tutorial.


I have used the newly launched ICraft's Splish Splash sprays here, alongwith other products.
I have used faux mosaic technique for the background of this canvas. The focal point of this canvas is a mini shadow box containing the picture of my son and I've built up a layout around it. Check the video to see how I did it.





Below is a brief description. All the supplies are going to be linked down at the end.

I started off by applying Immix Texture Paste on a 12*12 canvas board through two different ICraft stencils. Set it aside to dry. I then took a chipboard piece and dabbed some Immix White Gesso on it. Then proceeded on to spray ICraft Splish Splash Sprays in the colors - Grape Vineyard and Marine Blue on it. After drying it, dabbed some ICraft Iris Impact chalk paint through ICraft Script stencil. I then cut this chipboard into small squares.

Then I sprayed the above mentioned sprays on the canvas to color the textures. Then assembled the square pieces of the chipboards to form a pattern. Colored various die cuts and moulded clay pieces using the sprays. Made handmade flowers, 3 of them using the above mentioned ICraft chalk paint.

Then assembled everything to my liking. Did random stamping. Added crystals, art stones and sequins. Lastly, added a sentiment to finish off my project.








Here's the detailed video tutorial.



I hope you liked what I created. Do let me know in the comments below.

See you soon.

Love,
Shweta

Supplies used:

***ICraft- 









***Little Birdie- 



***Immix- 



No comments:

Post a Comment