Saturday, January 05, 2019

A round galaxy layout

Hello my fellow crafters! I'm Shweta from Paper Charms. Hope you all are having a crafty time.

Today, I've brought a circular galaxy themed layout for you. Have a look at it.






I've recently begun my journey in this crafting world. I hope you like what I have created and it inspires you.

I have created square layouts before. This time wanted to do something different. Hence went for a circular layout. I had a round hardboard in my stash and decided to work on it.

The layout I created is inspired by the galaxy pattern. After making textures on the layout, I painted the whole layout with black gesso. Then used some blue and pink shades of chalk paints on it and splattered some white paint with a brush to complete the effect.




For this particular layout I've used Papericious patterned papers from the 'Perfect Affair' paper pack. The base consists of layers of  4 different patterned papers from the pack.



I embellished the layout by handmade flowers by  using papers from the same paper pack. The white flower at the bottom and the black ones at the top left corner are created from papers other than the ones used for layering. Which means I've used 6 different papers from the 'Perfect Affair' paper pack.






I've also fussy cut some flowers from the same paper pack and used it in the layout. The white chippies give some nice delicate and ornamental look to the layout. They are from Papericious as well.

The focal point of the layout is a picture of my family. It had been a long time since I created something for myself, something to adorn the walls of my home. Hence used the picture. Lastly added some art stones and the sentiment and TaDa!! The layout is done.

I hope you like it. Do comment if you do. See you soon. Until then, have a crafty time. :)

I'm entering this project in the Papericious December Challenge ,
CrafTangles January Challenge,
Splashy Mix Challenges

Here are the pictures.














14 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!
    Great take on the challenge!
    Thanks for playing along
    Good luck!
    Priya
    Papericious DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing along the Papericious December Challenge, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Layout ! Thank you for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So SO SO SO gorgeous!!! I absolutely LOVE this!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!! I dont know what to say.I've seen your work and I've loved each one of them.The appreciation, coming from you, I'm really overwhelmed. It means a lot to me. Thank you sso much. You really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout.. thanks for playing along Splashy Mix Challenges... DT Sudha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout for a cute family shweta. Loved all the details. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again

    Shylaa
    Founder @ Splashy Mix challenge
    Adhiraacreations
    Splashy Mix Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas. The pictures and added details are so lovely. Thank you for joining us at Splashy Mix Challenges this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete