Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Altered Bottle



Hello peeps!

This is Shweta here on the blog today with a new video tutorial. This is a project that I designed for Prika.

I have altered a glass bottle. This was so much fun!
Check out the pictures.







Let's have a look at the supplies:

Immix - Sprinkle mist Fuchsia Pink,Black Gesso, Magic Sparks, Metallic Paints - Jingle Shells,Velvet Orchid,Sun Kissed Gold,Rose Quartz
Prika-MDF butterfly
Little Birdie-Gel Mediums,Silicon Glue,Deco Magic Glue
Finnabair-Art Stones
Die cuts,chipboard negatives,lace,resin frame from my stash

I began by pasting a crumpled tissue on the entire glass bottle. This creates beautiful subtle textures overall. I then primed it up with black gesso. Then, I pasted seveal die cuts, chippies, lace, art stones, resin frame etc and primed this with black gesso.

Then I took a stencil brush and began dabbing meatllic paints. I used various shades and played around till I liked the look.



Took an MDF butterfly and applied some metallic paints on it too after priming it with black gesso. Then applied a lot of Magic Sparks glitter for that 'Bling'. And finally pasted it as my focal point on the bottle.

Here's the process video:



I hope you enjoy the tutorial and find some inspiration to get started.

Love,
Shweta
           

No comments:

Post a Comment