Monday, January 07, 2019

A romantic shadow box frame

Hey there folks! This is Shweta from Paper Charms. Hope you all are doing good.

Today, I've brought for you a romantic handmade paper shadow box frame, done in lovely blue hues. Have a look.



The frame is done in blue hues and has a soothing look. There are some very small yellows and blacks popping out of the layout which gives it a kind of refreshing feel.

I first made a shadow box out of white cardstock sized 12x12 inches. 

Then I applied white gesso all over. This is a very important step to follow while doing mixed media so as not to allow the colors you use to bleed through the paper. Gesso is a primer that saves your paper from getting soggy and does justice to the colours you use.

Then I stenciled some patterns on my frame using a texture paste and used blue paint to colour it. Also did some random stamping. On the edges of the frame used a script stencil and followed the same.

The focal point of my frame is a picture of the couple I made this for. Embellished using chippies, die cuts, fussy cut elements and handmade paper flowers. I love using handmade flowers. I just can't use readymade flowers. I have to make them. I mean, flowers are a very very important part of any project. When those aren't handmade, how do I call my project handmade? And that is only my opinion.

Anyway, the last step was adding the art stones. And the frame is done. 

Here are some pictures. Unfortunately, don't have many pictures. I hope you guys can zoom it for the details. Do comment if you like it. See you soon. :)

I'm entering this project in CrafTangles January Challenge










No comments:

Post a Comment