Sunday, January 27, 2019

A shabby chic tag

Hello all you people out there. 😊
I'm back again. Today I have a cute little tag for you all. Pretty simple to make. Have a look.





The colour palette used in this particular tag is pastel, giving an overall shabby chic look to it. Looks mesmerising and soothing to the eyes.

I first took a chipboard tag and primed it with white gesso.



After air drying it, I mixed some pink chalk paint with the texture paste and applied it on the tag through a script stencil. While it was still wet, I put some clear embossing powder on it. Then I heat set it.



After drying, I used very diluted shades of chalk paints in pink and teal and applied it randomly on my tag. I didn't want the colours to pop out, hence diluted them with water and just went for a touch of them.



The base was now ready for the composition of embellishments. I used some chippies, resin embellishment, fussy cut elements,die cuts from my stash and assembled them to my liking. The flowers used are handmade by me.

To complete the look, added art stones, some glitter here and there and of course, a sentiment. A little something motivational.

I loved the shabby chic look of it.
I say so, because when I start, I never know how my creation is going to turn out really. I just have some basic idea of what I want to do. I act on impulse as I go. It isn't predefined.

I am entering this tag in More Than Words Mini Challenge January 2019 and
Splashy Mix Challenges

Do comment and tell me how you liked the tag.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love to all. 💕☺️

Here are some more pictures.








6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tag.. thanks for playing along Splashy Mix Challenges- anything goes!! DT Sudha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shabby themed tag shweta, the flowers are more adorable.Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again

    Shylaa
    Founder @ Splashy Mix challenge
    Adhiraacreations
    Splashy Mix Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. Great colours and added details. Thank you for joining us at Splashy Mix Challenges this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete