Monday, April 08, 2019

An altered clock



Hello all you beautiful people out there!

Welcome to my blog. Here I am today bringing you an altered clock I designed for Expressions Craft.


This project marks my debut at Expressions Craft today. This is the first ever project I designed for them.

This project is my take on the challenge theme - flowers and frames as an inspiration for all you crafters out there.

All the products used are from Immix.

I've worked on an old broken clock and primed it with white gesso all over. Then applied purple affair metallic paint on the outer frame of the clock. I so loved the paints. They spread like butter. Then applied texture paste through a flower stencil on the inner base of clock and the crackle texture paste on the outer frame and let it air dry. Beautiful cracks showed up on the outer frame after the paste dried up.

Then I used the metallic paint purple affair and the chalk paint tiffany to color my textures.
Then used the intricate frame chippies and colored their borders using the velvet orchid metallic paint. Separated the frame bases and applied some crackle texture paste on them and sprinkled some fairy dust on it.



All the flowers are handmade by me using Immix metallic and chalk paints of the above mentioned shades so that they coordinate well with my design. Used some foliage chippies and lots of deco stones in all sizes, mixed with art gel medium matte to add depth to the clock. Some die cuts and clay embellishments from my stash enhanced the beauty of the clock. I lightly dabbed some jingle shells metallic paint on the clay embellishments before pasting them.


And we're done! I loved how it turned out. Do let me know how you liked it.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment