Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Believe in the magic called Love - a diorama card



Hey everyone!

Shweta here, and today I have brought for you something very beautiful and very magical. I had a beautiful perfume box lying around. I altered the same and turned it into a diorama card.

I created this as an inspiration project for Prika's Crafty Superstar Fest.

As a child, I was very fascinated by the world of magic, fairies and fairy tales. I was an avid reader of all such books and a keen follower of the Disney cartoons. The focus of my project today is one such beauty from the Disney world, the thumb-sized Thumbelina, who lived inside a flower and her fairy prince Cornelius.

List of supplies used:

Leaf chippies- Mudra
Sentiment chippie- Papericious
Leaf die cuts,flowers- DMC dies
Metal charms and embellishments - DMC
Fairy Dust, Metallic paints- Expressions Craft
Silicon glue- Little Birdie 
Pattern papers from my stash

I started off by covering each and every side of the box with some pattern papers.

I drew and painted a picture of Thumbelina and fairy prince Cornelius on paper and fussy cut it.
Made some mushrooms out of air dry clay and painted them with metallic paints.
Made several flowers- large, some small and several mini floral sprays.

Then I started assembling my project.
Adhered some moss at the base. Adhered the mushrooms,flowers and die cuts and the floral sprays on the moss and some at the top such that it formed a beautiful miniature garden. Pasted the couple on the flower. Added a sentiment.




For the cover of the box card, assembled some chippies, handmade flowers, fussy cut elements, die cuts, sentiment and formed a composition. Also added some metal charms and lace to the spine of the box.





Kept the left side part of the card fairly simple- just some fussy cut elements and a message.


I hope you liked what I have created. Do leave some love if you did!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment