Monday, May 06, 2019

Beach theme shadow box frame



Heya people!

I'm back with another project. This time I've created a beach theme shadow box frame. I made this as a challenge inspiration for the Expressions Craft blog challenge this month themed Summer Fun.
Summers remind of  the last summer vacay on the beaches I went to with my family.
The picture is of my son gazing at the sunset over the seas. He absolutely loved the waters and had had a great time there.

Here's the brief description of the process.

I took a shadow box frame and primed it with gesso all over. Cut few strips of cheese cloth and pasted the same with art gel medium on the three borders of the box leaving the upper side.

Added some texture paste through a stencil on the inner side of the box.
Mixed some sprinkle glitz and deco stones with the art gel medim and added it on the cheese cloth randomly.

Then dabbed some chalk paint Tortilla on the lower border of the frame. Used the chalk paints Tiffany and Maya Blue on the textures and on the other two sides of the frame.

I made some seashells,star fish and such embellishments from the fabric and the SculptorTex contour medium. Then assembled my chippies and all these embellishments and adhered to my liking.





Made a fish net like pattern using some twine and added it in the frame. Dry brushed some white gesso all over. Lastly ,adhered the photo.  And done.


Do let me know how you liked it.

Till then, see ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment