Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Altered embroidery hoop


Hola people!

Shweta here today with a beautifully altered embroidery hoop for you all.
I just love altering old and boring things and giving them a new look. This time I have altered my mother-in-law's embroidery hoop and created a beautiful piece of art.

List of supplies used:

Background, flourish,leaf chippies- Papericious
Leafy flourish chippies- Mudra
Leaf die cuts- DMC dies
Stencil, fuschia pink sprinkle mist,jingle shells metallic paint,deco stones- Expressions Craft 
Silicon glue, heavy acrylic gel,soft gel- Little Birdie Craft
Pattern paper from my stash
Cement texture paste- CrafTangles

To start with, I applied the cement texture paste all over on the hoop and let it dry. I then sprayed the pink sprinkle mist on it the textured hoop randomly and washed it down with a lot of water for a subtle color.

Then I cut the pattern paper in a circle with the diameter equal to the outer circle of the hoop. Applied the same texture paste using a stencil on the paper. Glued the paper to the bottom of the hoop using heavy gel.

Then glued the background chippie on the paper such that it is slightly raised to give a dimension.
Then used various leaf and flourish chippies. die cuts, fussy cut flowers, clay embellishments coloured with metallic paint and my handmade flowers and assembled them to my liking.

Applied some deco stones here and there with some soft gel. Lastly added a sentiment and tied some laces at the top to finish it off!



I hope my creation inspires you.

If you like it, do comment.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love,
Shweta

No comments:

Post a Comment