Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Mixed Media Burlap Canvas



Hello everyone!

Shweta here, and today I'm back with a video tutorial on a project I had created for Expressions Craft during my DT term.

I have made a vintage-like Mixed Media Burlap Canvas as an inspiration project.
Check this out.





Let me tell you in short how I made it.

I first created a burlap canvas to work on. For this, I used the burlap fabric from the Immix Fabric Pack and simply cut and pasted it on an MDF base.Then I applied some Immix Heavy Gesso White in the centre where I was going to form a  composition.

After that, I applied some Crackle Texture Paste through a floral stencil. I took a heart shaped chippie from Immix and applied the same texture paste on it too. I let both air dry.

Then I sprayed Chest Nut sprinkle mist on the canvas randomly to colour the textures. After it dried, I tore some paper scraps from an old and worn book and pasted them with art gel medium randomly. I then tied a white twine all over my canvas. Then I again applied some Chest Nut and Chimney Smoke sprinkle mist on the composition. I then kept this canvas aside.

After that, I mixed some deco stones and sprinkle glitz with art gel medium and applied the mixture on the heart base. Also applied some sprinkle glitz on some roman numerals, wings and heart chippies. Then pasted all the chippies on the heart and covered all with white gesso.

Then colored them using the above mentioned sprinkle mists. Then I took a small molded clay heart piece and brushed some Rose Quartz metallic paint on it and also on the heart chippie.

Finally pasted the heart chippie on the canvas to complete the project.






Check the video below for the complete process.



Do let me know how you find this project.

See you soon with another project of mine.

Until then,
Happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment