Thursday, March 28, 2019

A fantasy canvas




Hey everyone!

I'm back today with a fantasy canvas I made for entering into the More Than Words March 2019 Main Challenge.


Back when I was young, I remember visiting my granny's place in summers. She was the one who inculcated the habit of reading in me. She used to buy me all kinds of story books and I'd spend hours and hours reading them. I used to get lost in the fantasy world of fairies and magic.I also loved listening to her story narrations.

And there is this special lullaby in my native language which I have very vague memories of my granny singing to me. In that song, a mother is singing to her baby, telling her how the moon has fallen asleep behind the trees in the skies, how the birds have fallen asleep on the trees, and asking her why can't you sleep today baby? I remember being so fantasized by that world. It is more close to my heart since my toddler loves it too when I sing it to him.

The challenge brought back all those memories of getting lost into that fantasy world and inspired me to create this layout.

The focal point of my layout is an acrylic painting that I made depicting how my younger self would imagine the moon behind the trees and birds on the trees.



I've used an MDF round base as my canvas here. First primed the whole base with white gesso, using a sponge to give it a nice textury finish.

Then added some texture using texture paste.
Used background stamps and stamped around where I wanted to assemble my composition. Then used some grey and pink chalk paints and colored the texture.

Then I tore some pattern papers  and made an arrangement to paste my acrylic painting on it. I also added some chipboard beneath it for added dimension.

I then assembled my layout using flowers, fussy cut elements,die cuts, ephemera and other added details. All the flowers are handmade by me. Also added some art stones around.

I've also added two birds on my canvas to depict the creative challenge : wings.

Added a sentiment lastly and my canvas is done.






I hope you all liked my work.

Do not forget to comment below if you do.

Also entering this canvas in the below challenge.

Mixed Media Academy March Challenge



3 comments:

  1. So pretty and inspiring! Love reading the story behind it! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us this time.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete