Saturday, March 16, 2019

Shabby chic home decor panel



Hey everyone!

This is Shweta and you are at my blog Paper Charms. Today I've got a shabby chic home decor panel to show you. I designed this for Prika blog as an inspiration project for the month of March. Also, this project marks my debut on Prika blog.



Let's quickly go through the process.

I chose white cardstock as the base. Took a teal pattern paper cut in a size tad smaller than the white cardstock, distressed it using scissors and brown distress ink. To add more depth, I tore the paper from a side and rolled the edges to give a worn look. Then adhered the whole base on a thick cardboard base to make it strong and sturdy.

Then, I started by applying texture paste through a flourish stencil. Assembled handmade flowers, die cuts, fussy cut elements to my liking. I always make my own flowers for my projects. I love making them.




Then I added some glitter on the white cardstock that was showing through the torn edges of pattern paper. Also added glitter,sequins and art stones here and there. Splattered white gesso and added a nice sentiment. Did some light stamping here and there.

Lastly fixed a hook at the back of the cardboard. And done!






I've tried capturing the glitter by turning the flash on. Hope you can get a glimpse of it.




I hope this inspires you to create something.

Also, don't forget to comment if you like my creation.
Hope you all have a crafty time.
Until then, see ya!!



No comments:

Post a Comment