Friday, March 08, 2019

Shabby chic fridge magnets



Hello people.

First of all, a very happy International Women's Day to all you lovely ladies out there. You are a born star. You are brave, beautiful, resilient and strong. Never forget that.

I'm here today to show you the shabby chic fridge magnets I made.



I made these for a friend of mine who wanted to gift her female colleagues something on the occasion of International Women's Day. She personally gave me all the quotes to be used. They were pretty intense and strong women quotes. The intention was to make each one of her colleagues remember how strong they are. Hence I decided to make a fridge magnet, something that would always stay in front of their eyes.

I kept the design pretty simple. Used chipboard base and adhered pale blue cardstock. Pasted a pattern paper on it. Then using some strings, handmade flowers and die cuts, quickly created a design and pasted the quotes. Adhered magnets at the back and it's done!!





They look lovely, don't they?

And now, for those who are wondering, why can't they see any 'Pink' colour if these are women's day gifts, let me tell you one thing. Gender stereotyping is wrong!! There is no such thing as a girl colour or boy colour. Stop stereotyping genders on the colors.

This is the strong message I wanted to convey through my actions.

Lots of love to you all.

Do comment if you like my creation.

Thanks. See you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment